Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 297D service monitor

Pete1468 ยท 2022-04-10 21:21

I changed my engine oil in my 297D loader and I can't get the service due too reset. I've tried the owners manual way and it shuts the monitor off while holding the far right button. I watched a YouTube video and it shows the same way I'm doing it. One video shows you need to be on the primary operator and mine doesn't have that screen.

Replies5
  1. #1muddog19752022-04-10 22:16

    Try this. Hope it helps. I dont think you have to hold the button for so long to reset it.

  2. #2Pete14682022-04-10 22:57

    I don't have that little red dot show up on my screen and I don't have anywhere where it says different operators. If I hold the button where the red dot would be for a few seconds it shuts off and restarts.

  3. #3muddog19752022-04-10 23:04

    Try not holding the button for so long. Just push it like you would a enter key on a keyboard. That should reset the oil change hours. Let us know

  4. #4Pete14682022-04-30 17:47

    I gave up and wrote it on a paper.

  5. #5Nige2022-04-30 23:39

    Write the date and hourmeter reading of the last engine oil/filter change on the engine oil filter element.? Then it doesn't matter if you lose the piece of paper.