Dealer just got a new one in,LOADED. My 1st time on the embedded track loader from Cat. QUIET. great insulation. CADDILLAC interior. Ride not much diff from my Deere 32. Only cruized around rear lot, He is locating a shredder to demo so I will re-post my experience with that later. Still goofy w E-H controls so trying to check a new machine while stopping your 27 years of heel tapping is a bitch...... Did a (mock) high dump then pulled backwards,hit 2-speed in a full turn while lowering boom and curling bucket up with throttle wide open. I could hear the (hissing) of fluid going over relief and the strain on the motor. Not a good sign. Will post later. Trying to find a Deere D 33. :Banghead
You will find the CAT 299 is a blue ribbon. I have a 289 and have operated a 299. The slight power is a plus!
The 299 is a nice machine. Big difference you'll notice is the loss of visibility, particularly to the rear and quick tach if you're used to a CT332. I got a chance to run a 333D and it is an animal. There isn't really anything other than the sliding armrest /controls that the Cat cab has over the D series in my opinion.