Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299

Cat E70b ยท 2014-12-29 16:24

Any one have pictures and experience with the 299 cat ctl with the steel tracks? How do yo like them how is the durability of the undercarriage I would love to see some pics of them in action

Replies9
  1. #1Construct'O2014-12-31 14:39

    Pics Here's picture to look at.

  2. #2Yellowdog2014-12-31 19:05

    I bet that supertrak can chew up some wood. I have the same mulching head.

  3. #305rammer2015-01-13 16:16

    I'm also interested in the steel track 299.

  4. #4PDG X2015-01-13 19:06

    http://www.equipmentworld.com/cater...racked-299d-xhp-with-land-management-package/

  5. #5pafarmer2015-01-14 07:39

    Nothing new there, been running these units spec'ed by me for close to a year now....Awesome units...although I have been looking hard at the Supertrak machines for our next bunch of money makers...

  6. #605rammer2015-01-19 19:07

    Pafarmer, are you running the steel tracks? If so how do you like them, are you running the single or triple bar grousers?

  7. #7Plebeian2015-01-24 15:44

    Does the Supertrak 140 run the same engine as the Cat 299 but with a different map? http://youtu.be/OH6b1c8lF5o The Supertrak rubber tyre medium sized mulcher with 170 hp looks ok too for a multi-purpose machine.

  8. #8Digdeep2015-01-24 17:08

    The 140 was running the 4.4L. The 299 is running a 3.8L.

  9. #9pafarmer2015-01-28 07:12

    Same exact tracks as the photo above. I love the steel under carriage. Our terrain is extremely rough, lots of rock. Rubber tracks were gone in less than 700 hours. Steel is the way to go if you are in really rough terrain. Great addition to the big 299 iron...