Currently have a 297C MTL that I am wanting to convert to 299C standard CTL undercarriage. My listed drive motor for the machine is a 307-3045 interchangeable with 304-1860. I am looking at a 2013 289C2 RTD prefix as a donor, this has 304-1860 drive motor. Would a 442-5642 drive motor or 20R-9075 (reman version) be compatible as well? Cat lists is being used on 299D 289D 279D 289C 279C 299D2 299D XHP 299D2 XHP
Would you like to start with the Serial Number of the 297C please. We can take it from there. Also are your motors single speed or 2-speed.?
**I should say, THE listed motor for 299C, not my motor in 297C** Motors are currently 2 speed on the 297C. They will not cross to the new track frames for the 299C bottom. Only good for ASV style 277 287 297 GCP01194 can reference to current config on 297C JSP00305 can reference to 299C conversion Serial off of donor 289C2 is RTD01683 DX200848 can reference to a 299D2 XHP with steel undercarriage / has 442-5642 motors instead of 3045 I will most likely be swapping to steel tracks on the 299C bottom once installed. I am aware of the differentiated parts between rubber and steel - bogie / idler, rollers, sprocket, carrier roller, etc. Also including axle swap in the tub from 297 to 299 style
So that's the S/N of the machine on which you want to install the 299C steel undercarriage.?
Word to the wise you will want to find track frames to use 442-5642 finals they are the newest design of the 2. The bolt pattern between them and 307 3045 is different.
Correct, GCP 297C is what the steel undercarriage will be installed on / converted to.
Appreciate the info! Pretty much exactly what I was looking for, if the 5642 will fit in the older style track frame or plumbing wise compatible to older 297C. Would you go to the newest 487-6193 drive motors for the D3 series if possible? I see an entire lower assembly, everything, rubber of course, with 800hrs for 8K. Reasonable to think it could be plumbed into the older 297C hosing wise? Speed sensors will talk to each other? Jumping from 2008 tech to 2023
Well I just caught an error I made as well..... Cat 289C and 289C2 use different track frames, the C2 is not compatible with the 299C however the plain C is. I was using 4514944/5 part numbers for the frames and the proper number I need is 355-1053/2 updated to 481-7799 / 8000
Check the speed sensor part numbers if they match youll be good there. As for the plumbing flow rates and pressure specs will need to be compared. Hopefully Nige can pull that up
D3 series speed sensor, p/n 478-2330, 4.75 - 8.50 Volts Direct Current Speed Sensor, twist in "old style" C thru D2 series speed sensor, p/n 262-3764: Dual Hall Speed Sensor, bolt mounted Was just looking at this, seems like the only hold up in terms of going to the D3 series assembly. Frame geometry looks the same C - D3 in terms of axle location, bore is the same on all - same bushing for frames. I know the 3764 is a 4 wire assembly, no idea what the new 2330 is or if it can be spliced in.
Seller has indicated that the 2330 sensor is also a 4 wire assembly. yellow yellow white purple wiring He has older D2 plug there as well, wiring is green red white black
Not on a 299D3 it isn't. it's held in position by an M6 x 12mm long Allen bolt. In fact both speed sensor Part Numbers are held in position by exactly the same Part Number of Allen bolt. The difference is that 262-3764 has a 4-wire pigtail with a female Deustch connector on the end of it whereas the 478-2330 has the female half of the Deustch connector moulded into the sensor body. The good news is that the machine wiring harness for all the different models that use both sensor Part Numbers have the same P/N of male Deutsch connector plug on the end of the harness. So the electrical connections should be plug & play. The colours of the 4 wires on the machine side of the speed sensor connector (see below) bear no relation whatsoever to the colours of the wires on the pigtail on the sensor side - they never have. The only information you will need from the seller is to identify which of the pigtail wires is power, which is ground, and which are the signal wires for Spd sensor #1 and Spd sensor #2.
10-4 10-4 on the electrical information Nige, very much appreciated on the pin out!! I must have missed the mounting bolt on the newer style sensor. The exploded diagrams I am looking at don't have that M6 denoted Would you have any feedback relating to operating range specs on going from the 307-3045 motor to the newer (but not newest) 442-5642 / 20R-9075 drive motors? The 297C / 299C would have proper flow and pressure to operate ^ such motors without problem?
Sorry I do not. Sounds like @Tyler d4c is the guy you should be talking to on that one. There are no performance specs available for any of those drive motor Part Numbers.
Well is the tandem drive pump for both machines the same part number. If they are it should work id say or even if a flow/pressure spec for both can be had and is the same or quite close
My travel pump is 258-2405 which updates to a 378-2822 / 10R-8705 number. 2405 covers large C series CTL and MTL. 2822 covers D series machines, including 299D3. But D2 and D3 XE XHP high horsepower machines use a 398-7456 pump. 7456 is listed as a dual pump 45cc rating. I cannot find a CC rating for the 2405 or 2822.