Rod end of the cylinder on my 299C is oblonged a bit where the pin goes through, and I was curious if there is a bushing in there? I've degreased and wire brushed it but can't see a seam or such. Found Cat part number 3K-2151 which appears to have the right ID and it's description references the schematic for the tilt cylinder, but I'm not seeing it in the parts breakdown. Does anyone know if this is a pressed in bushing from the factory, or an option to have your rod bored out and repaired later as it wears? Thank You.
As built the tilt cylinders do not have bushes in the eyes. The 3K-2151 Bearing is a replacement part that can be installed in a worn eye after boring it out to the appropriate oversize diameter. The required bore size for bush installation is 1.999 ± 0.001" and the bush is then pressed into place.
Thank you again, Nige. No wonder I can't find that seam......
Nige is correct. I'm doing this retrofit on 2 299s as we speak. I've been emailing CAT production to request replacement rod end bearings for years. All other cylinders have them and the loader arms so why not tilt rod ends.
Exactly. The rod ends and lower loader arm pivots are exposed to more contaminates/wear than any other pivot point on the machine.