Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299d AC schematic needed

Kendall R · 2021-09-14 20:06

Does anyone have any AC wiring schematics on a 2017 299d xhp machine. Having trouble pinpointing where I’m not getting power to my relay that controls compressor and fans. CAT0299DCDX201868 Side note: owners manual shows fuse #8 to be for AC but when take the cover off, the picture on the back of the panel shows #8 to be a spare. And after lifting the cab to verify, it is in fact a spare, goes to nothing. Fuse #13 is HVAC Blower/Compressor and it’s good. Would like to know how my “AC” has worked without number 8 fuse. Thanks

Replies14
  1. #1heymccall2021-09-14 20:22

    Go to link in post #2 here HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Kendall R2021-09-14 20:30

    Thank you for the help. the serial number isn’t the same as my machine though. I’d really like to find one for my serial number series. Again thanks for the reply I appreciate it

  3. #3heymccall2021-09-14 21:00

    UENR2335 is the schematic, I think.

  4. #4Kendall R2021-09-14 21:43

    Thanks I’ll try to get my hands on one

  5. #5Nige2021-09-15 04:32

    For the OP's Serial Number it's UENR5958. I've sent him a copy.

  6. #6Nige2021-09-15 18:02

    Actually that was the hydraulic schematic. The electrical schematic for the OP's machine (DX21336-UP) is UENR8052.

  7. #7David752024-12-11 17:37

    I also have a question. I have skid steer 299D2 and the heater does not blow hot air in the cabin. What might be the problem

  8. #8Joe H2024-12-11 17:47

    There is ZERO info without your Cat serial number. It's your first post but if you do some reading here you'll discover a serial number is necessary for just about any information. Welcome and cough up a serial number. Joe H

  9. #9HarleyHappy2024-12-12 08:24

    ^^^^ Not to mention, maybe start a thread on it, instead of resurrecting an old thread, with a different heading.

  10. #10HarleyHappy2024-12-12 08:25

    There may be a valve that opens the flow from summer to winter.

  11. #11David752024-12-12 10:20

    CAT 299 D2 0299DEDX202834 The heater doesn’t blow hot air inside the cabin. Took the reverse hose off from the heater and after 10 seconds it starts blowing hot air. Then when I put the hose back it starts blowing cold again.

  12. #12David752024-12-12 10:21

    I couldn’t find that valve. You might know where it is ?

  13. #13Nige2024-12-12 10:30

    You're going to have to go digging. See the attachments. it's part of the heater lines.

  14. #14David752024-12-13 01:42

    I'll dig in. Thanks