Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi 230 series 2 skid steer

turbotoys ยท 2021-09-15 19:54

Hello So i noticed a lack of power and eventually machine would stall, now it seems like it willl start every once in a while but when I increase the load it stalls. I inspected fuel filter and it appeared to have a little water in it, I then drained the water seperator on back door. I also pumped about 9 gallons of fuel out of the tank. Then replaced filter, and a couple of gallons of diesel. It would start up again but stall stall out after a short time. I did notice the water seperator did not fill all the way back up and I am wondering if the self priming pump is starting to fail. Is there a set pressure I should get at the discharge of that pump? The water seperator is see through and it seems like it takes a long time for that to fill up. Thanks for reading. Let me know your thoughts/ ways to proceed. Jim

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632021-09-15 20:02

    Check your suction line for a restriction before you do anything else. Also check for suction leaks on the suction side of the supply pump.

  2. #2heymccall2021-09-15 20:28

    Remove the whole separator assembly on the door. Inspect the inlet for blockage. Here (same separator) HeavyEquipmentForums