Any ideas on why my 299d xhp tracks like its a pin ball left right left right when in two speed? the track speed sensors are not the problem nor is the wiring. It only does this when it is flat or down hill tracks straight as can be when you have a slight load on it going up an incline thanks in advance
This is a picture coming down the hill in turtle then hitting the switch to bunny and it starts going side to side with no movement of the joystick
There's a service letter on the final drives doing that get the part number off the little blue colored tag in the back side of the drive
Right and left can’t get a real good picture of them
You sound pretty confident that it's not a speed sensor/wiring issue. Care to elaborate a bit on how you came to that conclusion.? I would suggest getting ET hooked up to it and see how the motor speed sensor signals look like in real time when the machine is tracking and has the problem occuring. Have you changed the hydraulic filter and cut the old one open to look for sparklies yet..? If a motor goes South on you and spreads contamination right through the hydraulic system then you may be in for not just one replacement motor but a pair, plus a pair of pumps as well, and maybe cylinders to boot. The photos show the former track motor assembly Part Number 373-8423. According to Service Publication SEPD1756 it has been replaced by Part Number 442-5642. $5k each new, or $3.3k Reman to you sir. Since the new Part Number of motor was released in 2014 I would've thought that any Service Letter covering motor failures would have expired long ago.?
I don't know it just happened to pop in my head that there was a letter for that trouble.
I've put two new speed sensors in it and it didn't change anything had the mechanic plug it in the other day and has no speed sensor codes in it talking to a guy from cat he said there is a kit with o rings that you have to take the back of the motor apart and replace o ring or some of them he said came from the factory without them and that will let the pressure bypass causing the erratic drive in bunny i ran across one letter somewhere from cat that described this and the replaced the drive motors with a newer part number don't know if mine slipped through the cracks or what
There may well have been but I have no way of checking. All I was pointing out was that if there was a service programme it would likely have been published around the same time as the new motor Part Number was announced. Usually a Service Letter will normally have an expiry date of around 2 years after publication. So that would have it expiring around 2016 or thereabouts.
The one I found somewhere expire a couple years after mine was built I think it said wish I could fine it agian
was he using Cat ET to look for Codes or something else.? TBH from what I recall regarding problems on HEF over the past couple of years there have been far more wiring/harness issues on these machines than there have been actual sensor failures
Double post.
that's been my consensus on them also from the chassis to the sensor with sticks Im not for sure what he uses he is a mechanic for the company i work for as a superintendent and they have all the latest and greatest on the mechanics truck yes it was cat et i forgot he took a picture of the engine start aid code on it
If it was Cat ET that's good. If possible, and to eliminate the sensors once & for all, would it be possible to get ET hooked up and look at the sensor RPM output in real time while the machine is being driven around in rabbit mode to reproduce the symptoms..? I would still suggest to change the hydraulic filter sooner rather than later and cut the old one open to check for any sparklies.
Thanks HMC. As I suspected it was published in 2014 when the new part number of motor was introduced and expired long ago unfortunately. Even worse for the OP is that the solution to the problem is a new travel motor - ouch...!!