Hi, just did a complete rebuild on a 299D2 XHP (burned out) and I can not get the Aux 1 & 2 lines to prime to save my life. Have a grapple on it. With the arm lines and tilt lines, I loosened a connector to bleed air, but that hasn't worked here. In fact I have both grapple lines off and no dice. Seems the (new) grapple was filled with motor oil but that's mostly drained now. I believe the right control is the thumbwheel on the right joy. I've set circulate all the time, set high engine, put the shop vac on the fill port in blow mode, twisted my face in a grimace, and stood on my head but no luck. Lift, tilt, & traction all work. Any tricks to this? PS - What is Aux 3 through 8? I have switches and buttons for them but no idea how to use. Nothing about them in the Ops Manual. Electrical controls?
is your aux flow solenoid working?
X2
meh, good question. I guess I'd check in ET? The other day I blew up my latop while I was trying to make this work. I stowed it between the armrest & cab side, without a bottom case cover. (I have to swap out the disk for Windows & ET, since I normally run Linux) I'm going to look for a replacement today on Craigslist. If I find that the Aux solenoid is not activated, what could that mean?
an electrical problem more than likely.
If you are not running a cat attachment then you will have to jumper two wires at the cannon plug near your aux connectors. That will allow it to go into high flow. At the moment I can't think of which wires to jumper.
It's a grapple and attaches to the small Aux1 & 2, so not high-flow. I have a special cap that goes onto the electrical plug, which I think is for high-flow. Tried it and no change. Also tried the recirc all the time switch, and no change. As this was a burnout, the solenoids, harnesses, and all hoses are new. (Cat) I guess the two operating solenoids will be on the implement controller. I rebuilt the controller as best I could. Maybe I have to attach some wires to solenoids to see if they're getting juice. I believe it works by providing pressure to one line or t'other, and bleeding the other to the tank. It may be that it's not working because it needs calibration, which is what I was starting to do but couldn't get prime Then again, could it be so far out that it's -off-? Hmm. There's a big solenoid in-line with (I believe) one line but not the other; don't understand what this is for. Come to think of it, it's hard to believe that its a priming problem since pump#2 is running lift & tilt successfully. About the only thing left in the way is solenoids. But -both- of them? Calibration? Failed to find a computer cheap enough on Craigslist or OfferUp but still beating on sellers.
Could be the solenoid itself, too first check that it has power from the relay, then the solenoid. no clickky no workky...
It could be that you don't have it configured correctly in ET. Go to the machine configuration screen in ET. The second line will say "Machine Configuration". Expand that section and look for "joystick input #1" configuration". Assuming you have an aux thumb roller, you will want to set this to "PWM". If it is set to "Not Installed" or "switch to ground" then your aux control will not work. The next thing you will need to look at is the valve calibration. Again on the machine configuration screen, you will see a line that says "Valve calibration currents". There are two solenoids for the aux circuit, one for port A and one for port B. There is a Min current, Max current, High flow current, and Super high flow current for each solenoid. The Min currents can be set to .65 Amps. The Super High flow currents can be set to 1.5 Amps. The Max current and the High flow current are both points that will have to be calibrated using a flow meter connected to the aux circuit. Max current should be set to a current that gives you ~86 liters per minute flow when the thumb wheel is rolled all the way forward. The high flow current should be set to give ~120 liters per minute. To put the machine into xps mode (also known as high flow) you will need to jump pins B and K on the work tool electrical connector. To put the machine into XHP mode (also known as super high flow) you will have to jump pins B and N on the work tool electrical connector.