I recently picked up a 2014 Takeuchi TL8 with just under 1000 hours. The machine runs fine but has one annoying issue. At certain RPM's, the DPF makes a very loud rattle. When I say loud, I mean really loud...louder than the engine. I can raise the rear cover and press on the sheet metal of the DPF (before it gets hot) and the rattle will go way. The DPF doesn't appear to be loose. The rattle is coming from the sheet metal cover (I'm guessing it's some type of heat shield for when the engine goes into regen). Any idea how I can stop this noise permanently? I guess I could pull out the welder but I really don't want to start welding on the DPF. Maybe a big hose clamp or something?
Hey I’m having the same problem did you find out what it was ? I been searching but I haven’t find any information about it. It sounds like is coming from the exhaust of the turbo