Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 299D2 – Need help to reset engine oil

roysti81 · 2025-12-06 16:01

The display does not show an active reset button, and I’m attempting to perform the reset through CAT ET, but I’m unable to locate the option. I am still new to using CAT ET.

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2025-12-06 16:27

    ET not required. The reset is done via the Preventive Maintenance sub-menu within the Monitoring Screen of the Advnaced Display.

  2. #2roysti812025-12-06 16:45

    There is no option to reset it.

  3. #3Nige2025-12-06 16:51

    You have to enter the Preventive Maintenance menu uing the return key in the bottom RH corner. You're in the right place, you just need to go further.

  4. #4roysti812025-12-06 16:59

    Here’s a diffrent image from a YouTube video and it has the reset option

  5. #5stefuel2025-12-06 17:12

    I guess you sorted out the password to get into it. Are you looking at the bottom right of the screen or pressing the bottom right button?

  6. #6roysti812025-12-06 17:15

    My machine does not have the reset active on the bottom right as the previous image is from a YouTube video not my machine

  7. #7stefuel2025-12-06 17:18

    I'm not familiar with CAT but from that last picture, I'd press the bottom left button.

  8. #8Nige2025-12-06 17:23

    Bottom left button takes you back one level. He needs to go froward. At the risk of repeating myself, touch the icon in the bottom RH corner of the screen in the photo on Post #3.

  9. #9roysti812025-12-06 17:25

    I just checked a different machine and it has the active reset option. I’m not sure why the other machine doesn’t show the active reset button.

  10. #10Nige2025-12-06 19:17

    It won't show the rest button on this screen. You need to be on the next one after this..............

  11. #11greasynails2025-12-14 08:28

    You're logged in under an operator account instead of a master account. Default master is 1111. If you don't know it, I think you need factory passwords to reset it.

  12. #12Nige2025-12-14 08:57

    Maybe you missed this…….. HeavyEquipmentForums

  13. #13greasynails2025-12-14 14:23

    I totally missed that