Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 299D2 XHP attachment multi pin plug

Wilj · 2020-05-15 05:29

Hi all I’m in need of the wiring diagram for the attachment electrical plug. 14 pin or 21pin plug I think? I need to wire up a laser box grader with Harley rake on it which uses high flow so it runs off the cab controls rather than a switch box. cant get much info here in U.K. unfortunately any information would be appreciated.

Replies15
  1. #1Nige2020-05-15 11:08

    Need a Serial Number. Also note this web site. Good people to deal with regarding custom wiring harnesses for skid-steer attachments although I realize communicating with them from the UK might be a bit of a challenge. - https://www.skidsteergenius.com/

  2. #2heymccall2020-05-15 12:37

    A is LH joystick trigger 12v (7) (must be switched out of rabbit to enable (7), at least on my 262D3 B is Ground C RH stick lower 12v (3) D RH stick upper 12v (4) E LH stick lower 12v (5) F LH stick upper 12v (6)

  3. #3Wilj2020-05-15 15:11

    Ah ha. Your a gent! Its serial number starts with DX2045 I have on right stick. Trigger, roller switch and 2 buttons. on left stick Trigger, 4 buttons. I will drop them an email. thank you!

  4. #4Nige2020-05-15 15:36

    And I'll send you an electrical schematic. Check your PMs.

  5. #5heymccall2020-05-15 15:56

    Harley rake on "high flow"? IIRC, they aren't designed for "high flow". Let me rephrase that...if you run my chain drive Harley Rake on high flow, it will destroy the chain tensioners.

  6. #6Wilj2020-05-15 16:58

    It’s a hydraulic direct drive attachment.

  7. #7Wilj2020-05-15 16:59

    it’s a box laser grader with turf grader attachment bolted on.

  8. #8Tags2020-05-15 19:36

    Thanks for the pic of the attachment, that thing looks bad-***. Must do a great job grading, since it can loosen the material before the blad...hope you get the wiring sorted out. Any chance once you get it going you could post a video that in action?

  9. #9Kaptain0072024-06-20 02:11

    I need help on the multi-pin wiring diagram for my 2018 CAT 299D2 skid steer, S/N DX202439. Thank you very much!

  10. #10Wilj2024-06-22 09:37
  11. #11Kaptain0072024-06-22 09:51

    Exactly what I needed. Thank you very much!!!

  12. #12Kaptain0072024-06-25 15:15

    I made this cable, cost of material: ~$140 Plug, $45 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082591FCK Wire: $43 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CX9CNKRX/ Connectors: $19 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BYZ7HTRH/ Crimp tool: $32 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096K6FBXF/

  13. #13Charliemendes692025-02-16 22:48

    This was very valuable to me today. I want to add, pin J is hot with the rocker switch for the 8th function switch next to the switch that toggles the left joystick trigger between rabbit speed and the 7th hydraulic function. I had to change a few pins around in the 14 pin bobcat harness, to make a bobcat SGX60 work on my cat 299D2XHP.

  14. #14davidwoz0002025-03-17 23:19

    Could you send one to me?

  15. #15Nige2025-03-18 09:10

    Certainly, but to identify the correct one requires the machine Serial Number.