Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 257B2 cab door

Dug1973 · 2020-05-14 00:04

Well managed to break the door glass in my cat skid steer. It’s a 257B2, has the 3 panel glass in the door. The glass is going to run me about $450. Looks pretty straight forward to install, looks like it glues in. So before I buy the glass is there anything I need to know? Is there a better option? I like the one piece glass doors but not sure if it fits a 2008 model? I hope I don’t do this enough to get good at it!

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2020-05-14 10:01

    Unless you have all the appropriate tools, adhesives & sealants it's not a job I would want to tackle........... I'd have a glass specialist do it.

  2. #2heymccall2020-05-14 10:25

    My dealer is $337+ tax for all three panes.

  3. #3Nige2020-05-14 11:30

    Same price at my dealer within a couple of $. Have you broken/cracked all three panes..? Because they are glued into the frame and to each other each glass pane can be replaced separately.

  4. #4Dug19732020-05-14 12:34

    Yep i broke 2 and the other had a crack in it already. I’ll get a glass person to do it for me. Looking at it it didn’t seem to difficult but after reading that attachment I’ll take it somewhere. I guess the 3 pc was designed to only have to replace 1 panel at a time? Not sure if that’s better than a 1 piece.

  5. #5Nige2020-05-14 13:17

    Three pieces of flat glass glued together are cheaper to replace than a single piece of curved glass because any competent auto-glass company can cut pieces to suit and install them if you want to go that way. Maybe investigate what you have close to you before buying OEM glass..?