Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299D2XHP with Cat MH418 mulcher problems

kevman6 ยท 2022-03-23 16:23

Looking for some diag assistance on the cat MH418 mulcher Ser#MH500357 attached to a 2018 Cat 299D2XHP Ser# Cat 0299DEDX203658. All Hydraulics work great except for the front door which is operated by electro hydraulic control from the joystick. If someone has a wiring diagram and a Diagnostic procedure for checking this out, it would greatly be appreciated. When I try to open and close the door on the front of the mulcher from the joystick , there is no hydraulic response like it actuated. Thanks in advance

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2022-03-23 16:26

    What exactly are you looking for.? An electrical schematic for the mulcher, the skid steer, or both.? I would say that there are not likely to be much available in the form of diagnostic procedures.

  2. #2kevman62022-03-23 16:31

    I figured that. I need to know which pins I might put 12V to on the electrical connector which goes to aux attachments. I would have to trace wire color back into the cab to power that up to check if its electrical or a hydraulic valve problem. So Diagrams for both might be helpful.

  3. #3Nige2022-03-23 16:55

    Check your PM's.

  4. #4Catnewb2024-10-16 21:54

    Could I possible get the same diagram having the same issue !

  5. #5Nige2024-10-17 04:13

    Can you confirm the S/N of the machine and of the mulcher please, just to ensure you get the appropriate schematics for what you have.

  6. #6Catnewb2024-10-17 08:02
  7. #7Nige2024-10-17 08:32

    Check your message inbox.

  8. #8Wernette372025-01-28 09:25

    Hey there Nige, I'm looking a pinout of the harness plug mulching head side. all the wires are white with numbers. It's a HM416 mulching head prefix serial # HMN by chance would you have a schematic for it?

  9. #9Nige2025-01-28 10:04

    Certainly do. Check your message inbox.

  10. #10schustertodd2026-09-24 10:04

    I have 299d3 xe with a hm415c mulcher head and were having problems getting the door to actuate. Any help would be appreciated

  11. #11schustertodd2026-09-24 10:04

    Would you be able to help me? I have 299d3 xe with a hm415c mulcher head and were having problems getting the door to actuate. Any help would be appreciated

  12. #12Nige2026-09-24 10:41

    Can you provide the Serial Numbers of both please.

  13. #13schustertodd2026-09-25 13:23

    Djw01668 for the mulcher head *cat0299dcbx903372

  14. #14Nige2026-09-25 16:55

    Check your message inbox for two schematics.