Hey, I'm trying to figure out what's up with the boom float detent on my 2000 ls180. Has normal foot controls for boom/bucket. The left foot pedal (boom) has a detent if you push the toe all the way down. It's supposed to float the boom according to the operators manual. However, when I push the pedal to the detent, it actuates my aux hydro lever down and locks the boom valve down. For example, if I have the boom up in the air and press the pedal to the detent, the boom goes all the way to the ground and lifts the front of the machine up, instead of floating. You can hear the hydraulics bypassing. I bought the machine a few years ago with about 4500 hrs on it. I'm guessing a previous owner messed something up with the linkages? Any other ideas?
Curious, with the machine "off" does the foot pedal stay in the locked position?
Yes it does. Other strangeness: I can’t find the detention for the aux hydro hand control, I use the little lock pin to keep it engaged when running something with a motor. Audi can tilt down and boom down with the aux hydro running.
Found some time to dig into this today. Turns out the bushings (item 10 in the diagram) were seized to the boom linkage shaft (item 1), causing the auxiliary valve to be actuated with the boom foot pedal after a certain degree of pivoting the foot pedal (ie when trying to put the boom in the float detent). Took apart both boom/bucket linkages, unseized the bushing/shaft, and it's playing well together. Able to use boom float which is a godsend. Still can't find the aux hydro detent for continuous flow. The operator's manual says
Gave a little extra length on the aux hydro pushrod and it found the detent. a rare success story over here, time for a beer