Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299D3 vs Deere 333G

PCL ยท 2021-09-06 00:36

Like the title says. Looking to get a new machine. Had lots of issues with my T770 and am wanting to switch brands. Both brands have great dealer support here locally. I use the machine mostly for dirt work, soil conditioner, brush cutter and snow removal in the winter. One thing I liked about the Cat when I demo'd it was the controls didn't have drift like my bobcat and the machine seemed to multitask better with boom without losing ground speed. I am going to be getting a demo on a 333g very soon. Does anyone have more information on the new suspended under carriage for the 333g? Looks like it is both torsion and has pivoting rollers? Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1Joe Fick2021-09-09 12:16

    I have a 333G a 2017 model. It have and still serves me very well. I used to run a cat 289 alot when I bought the deere there was a huge difference in bucket breakout force and power. I do not have the updated undercarriage on my deere they said I could if I wanted to but for my application I'm happy with it. Yes it's a little noisy n ride little rough on hard ground but I yet have only jumped track 1 time and the track was plumb worn out n missing lugs here n there was in a horrible rough job didn't wanna put new track on in middle of it. I do know for a fact on the cat undercarriage you have to greese the undercarriage every 6 to 8 hours if not it's almost impossible to get greese in. Not sure why

  2. #2Zewnten2021-09-13 23:11

    I know almost every 333G comes with an optiom to select control speed between: precision, utility, and production. Maybe Cat offers it too? I love that feature for dirt work and avoiding working at idle and messing up the emissions system. Which ever you choose make sure you understand that part or it will cost you big bucks regularly.

  3. #3Kn1ghtWolf2021-09-14 03:10

    I've not been around skid steers enough to know about this. Is this a issue for all machines or just the newer ones with emission systems? I have a 326E and normally run it around idle but I'm also not pushing the machine hard either. We have it for hobby use so we can't afford to burn out an engine or something!

  4. #4Zewnten2021-09-14 07:01

    Newer ones with emissions. Everyone is used to operating the older non emissions and don't take time to learn about the difference in the way you're supposed to operate.