Greetings all, new member here. I’m in Australia, and during Covid lockdown, purchased a 301.5CR mini excavator for jobs around a property. Subsequently discovered it was a parallel imported machine made in Japan. The local Cat dealership will work on it if I need, but when it’s something like a rocker switch for the expanding tracks, I could fix it myself if I could source the part from Japan. Does anyone know of any parts suppliers in Japan that I could make contact with? Rgds
G'day & welcome. Your machine really belongs in the Compact Equipment section. I'll ask for this thread to be moved. Can't answer your question about potential suppliers but there should be Parts Manuals available online. If you had a Part Number you could go into your Cat dealer and buy one. Parts are blind, they don't care what machine they are installed on and I'll bet anything you want is not unique to your particular machine. Post a Serial number and I'll take a look.
Thanks for the reply. Have been travelling so I'm late getting back. This switch appears in a couple of places in the parts manual with the following details: Part No Qty Part Name ===== == ====== 217-4987 1 Switch As 102-8804 1 Receptacle kit (4P) 186-3735 4 Pin Hope that helps. Rgds
217-4987 is the complete assembly, the other two numbers are serviceable parts for the electrical connector that are available separately should anyone require them. The best I can suggest is ask your Cat dealer to source one. I can't see them available anywhere else. Sorry about that. EDIT: It does appear in the Cat Parts sales system, but with my access I can't see what the availability is.