hi, this is my first post and I'm fairly new to heavy machinery and hydraulic systems, so i thank you for your patience in advance. I recently purchased a cat 301.5 excavator and upon using it i noticed that it would stall when i would use lots of power to dig or use both tracks in opposite directions to turn around or use multiple hydraulic functions simultaneously. Also, the machine approaches high temps (borders redline). I sprayed out the fins on the radiator and flushed the coolant system. new drive belt, and it appears to have a newer water pump. just serviced all fluid and filters. any leads or ideas about overheating and stalling would be appreciated, thanks
Serial number ?
Serial number is *cat03015c3yw02979* Thanks for the interest
Can u check engine rpm ?
I know this link is not regarding a Cat but possibly it might pay you to check some of the things that this owner found were causing his problems. After all it is another rubber-tracked mini-ex. HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks for the responses, I’ll be sure to check that thread. I just picked up a digital tachometer so I can get RPM readings. What would be a suitable rpm range while running the machine? Thanks again
Thanks for the response demlone, I took a reading and got: 1400 for lowest throttle position and 3200 for highest position, judging from the chart you provided they seem a bit high. Thanks again