Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 301.5 Start disable/ Hydraulic disable help wanted

pete40 ยท 2010-09-28 05:19

Can anybody help me out with trouble-shooting my dis-able switches? Lost all hydraulics the other day as if the handle was pulled up. Motor kept going. After stopping motor it wont re-start as if the handle is still down. Have checked the switch in the console. Looked at relays, swapped them over. P977 wire looks good.

Replies13
  1. #1Per Eriksson2010-09-29 12:22

    Do you have power on the 131 brown at the console switch? If not, check fuse "solenoids" If yes, P977 should have power when console is up and L981 when down

  2. #2pete402010-09-30 03:24

    I have got the machine re-started by jumpering the start disable relay. I have also jumpered the hydraulic disable relay, still no hydraulics. Fuse is good on solenoids and there is power at the fuse. Solenoid bad?

  3. #3bill onthehill2010-09-30 05:25

    Do you possibly have a hydraulic level float switch that is disabling the other circuits?

  4. #4pete402010-09-30 06:32

    Don't think there is one, but when I tipped it over backwards once it did cut the hydraulics!

  5. #5Per Eriksson2010-09-30 13:36

    But do you get power on the p977 wire and l981 as I described? Checked resistance of the solenoid?

  6. #6pete402010-09-30 20:47

    Sorry Per, but I don't have an L981 in my wiring diagram - BFA series.

  7. #7klibza2011-12-14 13:12

    Hello, I have exactlty the same problem with same machine cat 301.5 sudden loss of hydraulics and engine wont restart. Did you solve the prolem (I hope so!) can you please share and tell me what I should check. Everything seems ok I have tested fuses, relays...etc thanks in advance for any help! Zelda

  8. #8pete402011-12-16 22:56

    On mine it turned out to be a solenoid. And it was not easy to get to at all. I really needed to take the cab right off to get to it but I did manage to do it with contorted fingers and squashed hands without doing that. I ended up getting some really good help from a fellow called Donnie via justanswer.com

  9. #9klibza2011-12-17 03:07

    thank you for your reply. I have checked one solenoid which easily accessible just under feet ( it seems I caanot include pictures in this forum). Where is the one you talking about? can you draw something? thanks a lot for helping.

  10. #10pete402011-12-17 03:20

    Send me a PM with your email address. View attachment 2010-10-01_121219_pilot_manifold.pdf

  11. #11bari2014-05-08 09:57

    Hi! just wondering what the resistance should be on these solenoids ,also do you know if just the coil is available the cat guys wanna sell me the whole thing $250

  12. #12bari2014-05-08 10:04

    Hi Pete, i have a 301.8 with similar problems

  13. #13Nige2014-05-08 10:58

    What Part Number of "whole thing" are they quoting you.