Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Magic trick, making a swimming pool disappear

Hendrik ยท 2010-09-28 21:20

A little job I did the other day, had to open a fence to get the machine in there but it was all straightforward.

Replies20
  1. #1Hendrik2010-09-28 21:23

    And hey presto the pool is gone

  2. #2tuney4432010-09-28 21:31

    If you were a true magician,you could make it re-appear.

  3. #3Hendrik2010-09-28 21:45

    I could if they where happy to pay me to. When I was discussing the job with the customer I suggested putting in a new pool but she had looked into it and cost was AU$30K.

  4. #4245dlc2010-09-28 22:07

    Nice job Hendrik, did you haul away the concrete or simply just bury it?

  5. #5TomG2010-09-28 22:26

    Nice work. Why no ROPS on the mini? Just curious.

  6. #6diggerdave19582010-09-28 22:56

    Nice Clean job. How much material did you have to bring in to fill the hole in ??

  7. #7strott2010-09-29 14:32

    Funnily enough I will be doing the exact same thing next week!!

  8. #8Hendrik2010-09-30 05:39

    There was a hole just waiting to be filled and to answer diggerdavos Q, none, with the backfill of pool material I just managed to make it all work out. The reason the ROPS is not on is because 60-70% of my jobs require me to squeeze under spaces that the ROPS won't fit. Basically I got sick and tired of taking the ROPS off and on, plus it is a pain in the bottom, visibility is reduced plus if the stinky stuff hits the fan, I would rather climb up and out than take my chances with a seatbelt strapped under a bit of steel.

  9. #9Hendrik2010-09-30 05:45

    Yeah well pools in the UK are a silly idea unless you like ice skating

  10. #10thebaz2010-10-18 08:18

    Nice work. Well done

  11. #11FUJINAMI12932012-05-14 03:12

    nice work

  12. #12TCS2012-05-14 06:25

    I especially like your little excavator as is one of the few I have seen with the mast lift cylinder on top and out of harms way where it belongs!

  13. #13maddog2012-05-14 18:05

    I just installed an inground pool, does that make my magic trick better then your's :laughing:

  14. #1495zIV2012-05-14 18:46

    You should hire HEO, she could do that too.

  15. #15Ryanrb252012-05-17 19:02

    Nice work mate...I'm in Adelaide also.

  16. #16Ronald Miller2014-02-25 07:20

    WOW interesting I like the work the pool is really disappeared in the photos magically. Good work, thanks for sharing the photos.

  17. #17Lil' Puss2014-02-25 11:11

    I recently did a similar job. A cistern was discovered in the middle of a driveway. I just knocked down the walls and backfilled.

  18. #18Lil' Puss2014-02-25 14:58

    And btw, you did a very nice clean job.

  19. #19Ronald Miller2014-02-26 00:45

    another good job...

  20. #20Queenslander2014-02-26 05:09

    I have a mate in Brisbane with diggers and tippers etc., who reckons, these days, he gets far more work filling in old pools than he does digging new ones. Cheers, Greg