Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 301.8

K.Borgeest · 2014-09-22 06:22

I need a sealing kit for a rotating unit cat 301.8 188-2847 and 188-2848. Do anyone know where i can buy this for a good price? I did get a price here from the cat dealer at 1400 usd. It's sounds like to much for 10 plastic rings and 2 o-rings?

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2014-09-22 07:47

    Someone is telling you porkies ............ on my system the 188-2848 Repair Kit is listed at US$212.

  2. #2K.Borgeest2014-09-22 12:05

    I got the price from pon-cat, the caterpillar dealer here in sweden. Where can i buy this kit for US$212

  3. #3Nige2014-09-22 15:56

    My price is quoted in Miami, US. Are you sure that the Swedish dealer is not making a mistake on the price..? Usually the guy on the spare parts counter just gives you what price his on-line system is telling him. However it will not be the first time that a on-line price was found to be wrong. I suggest you call the dealer and put forward the opinion that the price of US$1,400 is ridiculous simply for a few seals when a customer in the US can buy the same Part Number for just over $200.

  4. #4K.Borgeest2014-09-25 02:26

    I have now called them once more and the guy at the partstore confirmed that it was usd$657 + tax 25% for this seal kit (1882847). I have tried the actparts.com to try and buy it from the states without any progress, the kit is listed at usd$ 212 as you said. The shipping quote to sweden can´t be so much for just a small seal kit. If you have any idea where i can buy it pls let me know.

  5. #5K.Borgeest2014-09-25 02:29

    I have now called them once more and the guy at the partstore confirmed that it was usd$657 + tax 25% for this seal kit (1882847). I have tried the actparts.com to try and buy it from the states without any progress, the kit is listed at usd$ 185,62. The shipping quote to sweden can´t be so much for just a small seal kit. If you have any idea where i can buy it pls let me know.

  6. #6Deeretracks2014-09-25 12:07

    I get the same price as Nige $185.62 for the 1882847 and $212.45 for the 1882848. Can you call Kelly Tractor Co. in Miami directly? They do a fair amount of Intl' shipping.