I have a code 96.3 machine runs great but I have this flashing code . How do you reset the maintenance.. My wrench is flashing also ?
96.3 is fuel sender open circuit fault The service indicator on C-Series Mini Hydraulic Excavators can be reset after a 500 hour service has been completed by using the following procedure. Use left push button (6), and scroll through the main display until the oil temperature reading is shown in degree celsius. Press and hold left push button (6) for 10 seconds. The service indicator (wrench symbol) will stop flashing while the left push button is pressed. After 10 seconds, the main display will change to "Password Entry" mode and display "000" in place of the temperature reading. Enter the password "134" by using right push button (8), and left push button (6). Begin with the left digit. Press right push button (8) once in order to increment by one number until the number "1" is reached. When the number "1" is displayed, press left push button (6) once in order to enter this value. Proceed to the second digit. Repeat entering numbers until all 3 numbers "134" are displayed correctly on the main display. If the password is correct, the display will show "----". Press left push button (6) and hold for 3 seconds in order to store the code and reset the service indicator.
Ok thank you I have just purchased this machine, unfortunately I have not found a source for a service manual or operator manual. The first thing I had to do is purchase and install a new control panel . Which I did yesterday. So at this time I have no clue on the procedure to do anything . This process is just with the key in the on position?
I may be able to assist in that regard, at least to identify the Cat Publication references so you can search. All it needs is the machine Serial Number which is the last 8 characters of the 17-character PIN. EDIT: I notice that you posted it above. So your machine is a 301.8C rather than a 301.8, which does make a difference. The basic Operation & Maintenance Manual is SEBU7940. This contains all the info you need for basic operation & preventive maintenance, including the reset procedure for the maintenance service interval. This can be downloaded in pdf format from the Cat Publications web site for $52, or you could search internet marketplaces using the Publication reference number. A service manual containing complete data regarding Specifications, System Operations, Test & Adjust, Troubleshooting, Disassembly & Assembly, and more, is RENR9150. Note that this manual will also contain a copy of SEBU7940. It's not available for download, only on CD @ $420 or in paper form @ $590 from HERE . These are genuine OEM manuals BTW. Here is a link to a paper copy of RENR9150 on eBay . Note that the seller says it is complete and if you look at the photo of the Index page it lists the O&M Manual SEBU7940
Attached the procedure for troubleshooting the 96-3 Diagnostic Code. Although it contains a truncated schematic you may go better with a full machine schematic. Let me know if you would like one.
I will download one, from do you know a site which I can download from
Thank you Nigel, if you have a full schematic that would be great . I’ll try to find a site I can download from
Sorry I have another question. This machine does have a thumb . Sure would nice to add one . The mounting ears are easy to have added but the joy stick do not have the buttons . Is it economically possible a thumb?
Certainly. Click this LINK to enter the Cat Publications web site. Put SEBU7940 in the box and click Search. The illustration in Post #4 above should pop up. I will send you one. Keep an eye on your message inbox. I don't have any information regarding installation of a thumb. The only comment I would make is that with such a small machine adding any additional "dead" weight to the front-end equipment could potentially negatively affect the machines's stability when excavating.