Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 301.8 Track speed adjustment

Marco De Sandre ยท 2021-09-23 07:21

Hi all, on my CAT 301.8 the speed of the left track is higher than the right one. Do any of you know if there is the possibility of adjusting the speed? Thanks in advance!

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2021-09-24 13:09

    There is no adjustment as far as I know. What you should first determine is "Which is the bad side?". With all machine systems at normal operating temperature swing the bucket over the side of the machine and raise one track off the ground. Put a mark on the track and run it at full speed, take the time for the mark to complete three revolutions. The track speed specifications are different for steel and rubber tracks so it is important to know which type of track your machine has. A Serial Number would also be good information.

  2. #2Tyler d4c2021-09-24 18:45

    If it's like this 303 I have apart you can adjust the set screw that pushes the poppet on the pilot valve. Not saying it is by the book but I've done it before.

  3. #3Marco De Sandre2021-09-27 07:44

    Nige: it's the left one that is slower. My machine has rubber track.. I'll be back to you with the SN later. Tyler: great idea! have you got some info on how to proceed with the adjustment? Now I have to keep the levers in different positions in order to go straight, really boring!

  4. #4Tyler d4c2021-09-27 18:27

    Personal ID use the turn it a bit and test it technique.

  5. #5Marco De Sandre2021-09-28 01:33

    SN: 5DW10224 Arrangement Number: 1456693 Year: 2005

  6. #6Nige2021-09-28 06:14

    That's the engine Serial Number. The machine S/N is BFA04273.