looking at this brush grinder below for my bobcat 331 Anyone have any experience? Looking to do fuels reduction brush grinding type work for fire prevention. Assume it will be blade down work for stability. Lmk thoughts or experiences. Obviously bigger machine would be better, but don’t want to buy mew machine. https://rutmfg.com/shop/excavator-attachments/brush-eliminator/ https://rutmfg.com/shop/excavator-attachments/brush-eliminator/
I have their Brush mower which is close in weight. Works great. I mostly use it over the blade but sometimes off to the side if I want to move around a lot. I have a Kubota 91 - about 7000lbs. I dont have a ton of flow so I cant move everything at the same time but you learn how to work around that and it does a good job.
What’s largest size stem trees your comfortable grinding down with it? Thanks for the feedback, bobcat supposedly has pretty high flow.
I have an Eterra EX-30 flail mower for mine. It works pretty good for mowing and reasonably large brush and trees. I used it on my Bobcat e42, worked best over the blade. It was a little tippy over the side at long to full reach. I now have an e50 (standard length arm) and it works great over the sides at full reach. In my opinion, the flail style seems easier on the machine than a rotary type and is considerably less expensive than a true mulching head, albeit less effective on larger material.
I can cut 2-3" without a lot of issues. Mine is not a grinder just a rotary type mower so that makes a difference in the size.
code54, what brand and model is your mower? Thanks!
It is the Rut manufacturing "Brush Mower" https://rutmfg.com/shop/excavator-attachments/excavator-brush-mower/
Have been looking into the Rut 28 inch disc mulcher for my Yanmar Vio 35. There is a video of one running on a 27(?) size Bobcat with 12 rpm flow and it looks like it is doing OK. Also you can purchase a brush cutting head for the mulcher for a few hundred dollars that does a good job of mowing grass weeds and light brush
received this mower, so far very happy with it, no complaints, eats through brush and small trees very quickly.
And seems very well built. Price seemed fair.
Good to hear you have a mower setup for your 331. Can you post some pics of the entire machine and another of the mower end with hydraulic hose connections at the mower? Thanks
Did you get the optional mulching teeth mounted on the bottom of the blade carrier? What size material are you mostly cutting?