Hey guys Long time no visit But here goes At home I have 10 acres bit of a hill, bit of a creek line needs mowing and maintenance I’m going to look at a 302.5c cat excavator (looked at many others this one is actually good compared to a lot of the used machines around here) to do this task Now I’ve found a flail mower that will supposedly run on this machine Has anyone ran this style of attachment on a 302.5c and how did it perform Cheers, Matt
From the specs, can the 302.5 handle the mower's weight at the reach you need to work with? Does the 302.5 have the attachment hydraulic flow the selected mower requires? How quickly do you need to go over the 10 acres? Your comment, looked at many others, rings a bell. But don't settle for too small a unit just because it is in good shape. Trust that you will find the right mini excavator if you decide this one is too small to handle the flail mower and/or the acres.
Yes it can handle it by spec but real world is often different to spec My question is more about how the flow pattern is setup in the machine Does aux have priority or does machine function Yes it can carry it Even with the thumb and hydraulic quick hitch on the machine No rush for speed I’m not a contractor I’ve had many different sizes at home over the years I used to have access to a rental fleet I’ve used 18 20 26 35 50 55 and 80 size machines Found the 50 and above to be a bit big And the 18 to be too small
For what it’s worth The flail is lipa brand tlbe70 Requires approximately 8 gallons Or 30 ltrs for us metric folk And on paper the machine is 13.5 gallons Or 52 ltrs Aux flow
The problem I see is that once you get good with that mower, you are going to be moving everything and tracking at once. The question then is, will that stall the mower or will the machine stop moving?
So I bought the machine It was in fantastic condition and will live out a very nice retirement on my farm I have flowed it up on the flow meter And the specs are as follows 56LPM 0BAR. 14.8GPM 0PSI 35LPM 160BAR. 9.2GPM 2300PSI 21LPM 180BAR. 5.5GPM 2600PSI 195BAR. 2800PSI ( relief set ) I also operated the machine at 180BAR attachment pressure and it was still moving reasonably wouldn’t say full operation speed but maybe half And I don’t think the flail will be able to keep up at that speed
Hey guys I know I seem to be talking to myself here but Does anyone have an affordable mini excavator flail that they are willing to give a recommendation of Anyone have experience with any brand Good, bad, average, id like to hear it Certain things you know after using one that are worth letting me in on