Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 302.5 Arm will only swing one direction

Messana ยท 2015-01-19 18:35

Hey guys, Did a search and couldn't find to much on this so I just wanted to ask if anyone has had this problem with their mini. The machine is a Cat 302.5. everything works on it fine, but the arm will only pivot in one direction with the foot pedal control. It will gradually come back over hours of use but never past a certain point to the other direction. As soon as you press the pedal to the other side, it goes back perfect with plenty of power and speed. The pedal is sticking with these frigid cold temps and does need some work but before I dig into this machine and start taking hose after hose off to even get down in there I wanted to see if anyone has ever had this problem and knows what to look for. Thanks everyone

Replies2
  1. #1barry552015-01-19 19:46

    I have a 302.5 had the same problem the pedal was out of adjustment had to take front section of floorboard loose to loosen lock nuts and adjust rod

  2. #2Cat digger2015-02-11 20:14

    I had different problem with my 302.5 the stick would not work in both directions all the time. Ended up being a shattered washer from the packing got into control valve. Must have loosend up from hammering