Hello folks . I am very new new at this , but i am looking at buying a 2000 Mitsubishi MM57 SR. Mini excavator with 3300 hours. Has anyone heard of this brand name and if so , would one know where parts could be bought as I have search the Net but can not find any information anywhere about this brand or where I could buy parts if it was needed later on... I can get this excavator for under $15,000. I was told that parts may be very hard to find. Thanks
These minis run for just about forever if you take care of the fluids. I wouldn't be worried about it if you can geta good deal.
Thanks Mike. But I am still worried about the parts issues and that I may be buying a mini that if it breaks might just be an eyesore in my field...if I can't get any replacement parts, especially the electronic parts.
The Mitsis as mikebramel sez are pretty much bulletproof, and I think they're the same machine sold under a couple different brand names, which is common in Japan. I don't recall the other brands at the moment, but usually one of them will be represented in North America. The other thing, if it's something you need to run without fail in your business, then get something with a local dealer, gray market machines are best used for something other than front line machines, no matter how reliable. Even the better known brands sometimes have to wait for parts to come from Japan though, just the way the world is these days.
Thanks for the help guys.
I was told the Mitsubishi MM57 SR. is the equivalent to the Cat 303.5
Hi there Moralez, Seems to be plenty of threads on the net when you Google that model, we have a few here in OZ that are in dismantling yards. Its definitely not a Cat 303.5, way to big for that,the one I looked up was about a 5-6 ton knuckle boom machine. There are some listing's for parts in the USA.
Thanks Diga. The only web sites I found were the one scrap unit in Australia and The engine rebuilt parts. Thanks
I owned a MM55 about ten years ago so my experience is not too recent, but what I found was parts were basically non existent in the US. I contacted the factory in Japan to ask if they had anyone in the states who sold parts and was told that because of their relationship with Cat they were precluded from selling machines or parts in the US. Contacted the local Cat dealer and they were no help either. The factory suggested I contact the importer of the machine for parts, that may be your best option if you purchase the machine. Can't recall for sure, but seem to remember something about Mitsubishi MS series machines being different in parts availability, perhaps through Cat. Don't know anything about the MM57, but the 55 had an electric control system rather than pilot control, and have seen a couple that were converted over to pilot after the electric system gave up, presumably because of parts availability. I liked the machine, but personally I would never buy another. Some of the other brands are way better supported parts wise, even though they are gray market.
Thanks all. My mind is made up and I will wait and buy a better know brand that would be easier to get parts for in case it is needed. This forum made it a lot easier to make up my mind. It's all about one educating itself before buying and this forum did this for me . Thanks