Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 302.5C bushing material

The Learner · 2018-03-18 06:43

hey guys Anyone able to tell me what material some bushings are made from 266-3192 266-3193 I’m having trouble greasing the pins with these bushings in them I removed the pin partially and cleared the grease ports but I’m still having trouble greasing these when the pin is installed All bushings and pin were new before I picked up machine has done 20hours max Cheers

Replies2
  1. #1farmboy5552018-03-18 12:16

    I would say they are very hard. Are they installed correctly? Does it take grease with the pin removed?

  2. #2The Learner2018-03-18 16:11

    That’s the thing two of them didn’t feel like metal As far as I can tell yes I didn’t want to remove the pin so I cleaned the grease out of the thread and then measured back to the pin I partially removed the pin so that I could get to the bottom Bush to inspect but to my finger it didn’t feel like metal