Hi everybody, I’ve sprung a leak in connection you see pictured. I gave it 1/8 turn to tighten which worked for a day but it’s come back. I removed the fitting, cleaned it up, and the connections look fine but it just seems to not be seating. I assume I need to replace the entire hose line and fittings unless there’s another option to seal the connection? If I need to remove the hose, where does the other end connect to and how do I get to it? Thanks in advance! And yes, water in the hydo oil. It’s an old 303.5.
Where is the o-ring in the fitting believe all the fittings are ORS with a small o-ring in them.
This.......... Post a machine Serial Number and I can probably give you the Part Number of the O-Ring
There WASNT an o-ring — I was hoping that’s the culprit but not sure if these are metal to metal connections. Unfortunately I don’t have a serial number — always makes things fun
S/N plate missing.? Can you find anything Serial Number-related on the engine, or even a casting anywhere on the machine with a Part Number cast into it.? I reckon your O-Ring could be either a 6V-8397 or 6V-8398. If you can't find any S/Nos then measure the inside diameter of the groove as indicated by the arrow.
Ok I’ll do that. I’m away from the machine at the moment but will look. I looked it up and down for numbers and castings but couldn’t find anything. Only thing I could identify on the engine was that it’s a Mitsubishi. I think L2E S2 If there wasn’t an o-ring, I don’t know how it wasn’t leaking all along. I don’t thing anything fell out when I removed the connection
There may have been one and it simply fell out without you noticing when you removed the hose. O-Rings tend to flatten and/or go hard over time so it's not unusual for a joint to leak even if the hose fitting is tight.
Should be an engine Serial Number somewhere. Maybe 9TJ-something.?
Ok I think you’re right on the o-ring part number. I did find a casting on the fitting 124-2323 and that matches up with the o-ring number you listed on the CAT site
Just needed the o-ring. Thank you guys. Still don’t see a serial/pin number anywhere but I took pictures of all the castings I could find. The first 2 are on the engine.
On that last photo can you clean the numbers up a bit. They are somewhat difficult to read. Is it 278-9938 by any chance.?
It’s either 278-9839 or 278-9939. My gut says it’s the first one.
I think it could actually be 278-9939.