Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303.5 hydro cooler questions

Pzilly ยท 2016-01-29 19:22

Hey gang, anyone know where I can pick up a ew hydro oil cooler for a 303.5c for less then the 525.00 I was just quoted? Also any solutions for keeping demo dust out of the cooler and rad? I put a fiber filter on the body and in front which helps but still over heating after an hour when the filter clog.

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2016-01-29 23:28

    Part number? Reversible fan. Jobsite sprinklers?

  2. #2Pzilly2016-01-31 18:33

    Part number for cooler is 271-7048 nothing wrong with it except someone must have over pressured washed it in some spots and fins are bent over blocking air flow thru it and rad behind. No water on site, just a lot of demo dust. I have a bug sprayer I spray it out w, per it dry for 20 min clean the furnace filter I put on the opening and get about 45 min. Thanks for any leads, this is a 300 dollar item that cat wants double for....

  3. #3Nige2016-02-01 04:48

    Can the fins on the cooler be straightened with a radiator comb..? If pressure washing is all that bent them they ought to be straightenable..