Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 303.5 Location/Info App Not Connecting

Snoobly · 2023-03-22 21:31

Hey all, I have a 2022 CAT 303.5 CR that was left with a dead battery for around a month in the cold of Colorado mountain winter. I got a battery in it and got the machine home last weekend and almost everything seems good! I track the machines whereabouts using the CAT application that refreshes every few hours. It lets me know the hours on the machine, fuel level, location, fault codes, etc. Since getting the machine up and running again, it will not connect to the application and update all the information. Has anyone else had this issue? I appreciate any help any of you can provide! Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2023-03-23 16:07

    You’re talking about Product Link I assume.? Isn’t it on a 1-year contract.? Has the contract expired, coincidentally just at the one you had the battery problem.?

  2. #2Snoobly2023-03-23 18:21

    That's correct. Contract shouldn't be up until June of this year. But good thought! I would think they would notify me a bunch of times to try to get me to renew. I did end up having a CAT tech stop out today and plug into the the machine. He stated that the ECM on the roof appears to have given up. Many of it's functions are not performing how they should. Doesn't actually effect running the machine, thankfully. They are going to get a new one ordered and installed in the next couple of weeks... assuming there is no extraordinary lead time.

  3. #3Nige2023-03-23 19:51

    Still under warranty I hope.?