Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 308E2CR Hydraulic schematic.

Ross0133 · 2023-03-23 16:56

I need a hydraulic schematic for a Cat 308E2 CR S/N YE200111 specifically for the Right hand joystick handle and what hoses are suppoesed to go where. Thanks for any help.

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2023-03-23 20:16

    There is no hydraulic schematic listed online for a YE2-prefix machine. There are schematics for every other 308E2 CR model listed in the system. Unfortunately there at more than a half dozen schematics but none contains any reference to your machine. The attachment is the cab pilot lines. Hopefully yours will still have the coloured tags on each end of every hose. Also every hose should have an aluminium tag on one end with the Part Number. Maybe that will help you figure out locations.

  2. #2Ross01332023-03-23 20:37

    Thank you for your help I will see what I can do with this tomorrow I appreciate it.

  3. #3ahart2023-03-23 20:48

    I did some brief searching and on the “where used” for the right side pilot control, it listed other machines that did have a hydraulic schematic, hate to assume the hydraulic schematic is the same but it’s a good possibility if the joystick is the same.

  4. #4ahart2023-03-23 20:51

    Here is a picture of the schematic on a CE8 prefix, maybe it will help. A

  5. #5Ross01332023-03-23 20:52

    Thank you

  6. #6Ross01332023-03-23 20:55

    Basically what my issue is to move the stick you have to move the joystick from side to side or to 9 o’clock or 3 o’clock and to move the turn table you move forward and backward or 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock so I am going to use this to see which hoses I need to switch

  7. #7Nige2023-03-23 21:04

    Hold up a minute............ Isn't the machine equipped with a pattern changer valve.? If there is one it should be under the cab floor. According to what I can see the pattern changer valve is part of the standard hydraulic system configuration. See attachment.

  8. #8ahart2023-03-24 05:11

    I don’t see any pattern where swing is forward and back on the right joystick. Has the cab been off or joystick been replaced? Machine new to you?

  9. #9Ross01332023-03-24 07:30

    So I don’t know why I typed that it was the right hand joystick. I absolutely meant the left hand joystick when sitting in the seat. Sorry for any confusion that may cause. The machine is new to me.

  10. #10ahart2023-03-24 07:58

    That makes better sense. That absolutely sounds like the pattern change valve is in the wrong preferred position. Under the floor mat as noted in the file nige attached.

  11. #11John C.2023-03-24 10:58

    Gray market machines came into this country with that configuration.

  12. #12Ross01332023-03-24 15:30

    It ended up being in the pattern control valve Thank You all for your help

  13. #13ahart2023-03-24 15:31

    Glad you got it lined out

  14. #14Nige2023-03-24 16:42

    The extract I posted is from the Operation and Maintenance Manual. Sounds like you really ought to get hold of one, especially if you’re planning on doing your own maintenance. Could be the best $50 you ever spend. Go to https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=YE200111 $49 + S&H for a CD. These are genuine Cat manuals.