Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303.5 Travel Speed Selection

Todd UNF ยท 2022-09-11 23:47

I recently purchased a 2017 303.5 ECR from a directional boring company. I am having a hard time figuring out how I transition from low speed travel to high speed. The owners manual diagram calls out the blade control lever as item 8 as the blade control and 8B (same lever) as the travel speed control. I could not get the machine to switch modes and was stuck on the turtle for the first bit of work I did with the machine. The 2nd time I used the machine I ended up in rabbit mode but I am not sure how I did it. I moved the lever back and forth while walking the machine and I couldn't get it to change. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies2
  1. #1Cmark2022-09-12 01:24

    There's a push button on top of the blade lever.

  2. #2Todd UNF2022-09-20 20:51

    Thank you - The handle is so worn I could not see the rabbit / turtle on the top of the stick.