Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at Buying New 2022 , 1.7 tonne Excavator

Aussie Sapphire ยท 2022-09-10 23:52

Hello, We have run 14 tonne and 28 tonne Excavators for years but need a baby 1.7 tonne for some jobs. What 2022 models offer the best operation fetures to service and repair. Currently we have on the short list: Kobelco SK175SR-6 Cat 301.5 Wacker Neuson EZ17 Please share your thoughts from an operator and mechanical side.

Replies4
  1. #1Aussie Sapphire2022-09-12 04:10

    No input thought there would be lots of experiance good and bad for these Mini 1.7/2 tonne Excavators ?

  2. #2KSSS2022-09-15 00:08

    I have had the Kobelco (mine was in CASE colors) on rent for various jobs. I really liked it and was serious about buying one at one time. Power was good, stable, it did everything I asked of it. I have run the WN EZ17, I liked it as well, I just never had that much time on it.

  3. #3Canuck Digger2022-09-26 22:20

    They certainly have their place. I have one. It's a Hyundai. Quite happy with it. Hydraulic quick change, thrumb, stable and surprisingly smooth. Decent access under the hood for a little guy. One of the things I'd look at is the canopy system One of the reasons I purchased the machine is 6 bolts and the canopy is off. Comes in handy during height restriction jobs. Would also look at Takeuchi, Kubota and Yanmar, dealer support pending. One of the other things I liked about the machine is it has a "railing" in the front of the cab which serves as a foot rest for us taller folks.

  4. #4hvy 1ton2022-09-26 22:36

    I really like the Yanmar SV08 and VIO17 I rent whenever I have to get in somewhere stupid. I've walked both down a 3' sidewalk, but at 37" the VIO17 won't fit through a through a 3' post-to-post gate. Being in Australia, you'll have tons of room on 1m gates.