Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 303.5c cr starter and ign swt problem

cheathco ยท 2015-01-03 14:53

I have to jiggle key around to get into start psn, and starter turns over slower than it should. (new battery) I cant find that model parts info tho have googled several tries, engine is Mitsu S3Q2-E1T. Was gonna try cat dealer here monday, but not sure they will give out parts# Lots of starters availible but none fouind for my unit. Any leads? I also want to replace rubber tracks, any Ideas of best place to buy them? I think I can get them on myself even tho I am a 75 yr old guy wityh injured shoulder Thans in advance ffor your help. Charlie

Replies2
  1. #17072015-01-03 20:00

    The key jiggling should be fixed with a new keyswitch. Just wear and tear. As far as the slower cranking, get a good set of booster cables out and hook up the negative only to the battery and the other end on the starter body. Wiggle it around to ensure its on metal not paint. Then try cranking the machine and see what happens. If this works you have a bad ground. Install another chassis ground from the starter to the frame.

  2. #2cheathco2015-01-03 20:11

    Ok, tnx, Ill try that