Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303 cr dipper stick stuck

sls7474 ยท 2013-01-16 23:58

I have a 2005 cat 303 cr that has constant pressure to one line on the dipper stick. I checked the lines from the joystick to the selector valve and they only have pressure when the up or down function is activated so i think the problem is in the spool valve. I'm unsure and would hate to have to take the machine apart to get the valve out if I don't have to. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1Per Eriksson2013-01-17 07:53

    Stuck spool might be your problem, remove the caps and centering springs, you should be able to move the spool back and forth by hand then.

  2. #2sls74742013-01-18 00:27

    Is there a way to remove those while the valve is still in the machine?

  3. #3Per Eriksson2013-01-18 04:33

    Yes, I think you should be able to do that, it is alot of hoses in the way though. If i remember correct there are 2 socket head screws size 5mm that holds each of them in place.

  4. #4sls74742013-01-18 11:48

    I'll try that tomorrow. Appreciate the advice.

  5. #5sls74742013-01-21 11:27

    It was a stuck spool. I ended up pulling the hose and moving the plunger by hand. After i cycled it it freed up and seems to be working fine at the moment. Thank you for the help.

  6. #6Per Eriksson2013-01-21 15:03

    Could have been a piece of inner rubber lining from a hose, let's hope that's the only one.