Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 303 CR random shut down

wizbang ยท 2020-02-18 23:12

I have a 2003 CAT 303CR mini excavator that frequently shuts off when in use. The problem is worse when it is cold, or on a steep grade. Replaced the shut off solenoid, and filters - no change. What should I look for next?

Replies3
  1. #1iowahill2020-02-19 09:29

    Injector pump issues?

  2. #2heymccall2020-02-19 10:18

    Steep grade? Cold? Sounds like a coolant level sensor. But, I dunno if your machine has such a thing. My Takeuchis do. Rather than searching for the sensor, is the coolant level completely to top of filler cap on radiator?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2020-02-19 11:09

    Does it shut off like someone turned the key off or does it "chug" to a halt..?? If it shuts off like someone turned the key.. remember, the shut off sol. is a slave to the other components/sensors.. SOMETHING IS TELLING IT to shut off.. U have to track down the other safety sensors.. OIL pressure & COOLANT come to mind right off the bat.. Good Luck.