Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303c

Moonlite · 2018-05-11 21:12

customer states that it acted lik it ran out of fuel and stalled. He has changed the electric fuel pump, fuel filter, the mechanical lift pump. Also pulled banjo fittings apart and checked for clogged screens. Still wouldn’t start. I went and checked it out. I can pinch the return line off and engine will run although crappy until i unpinch return line, then it will stall. My question is. Should there be a spring and ball in the fitting I have circled. Cat can’t tell me and can’t even find part number for fitting.

Replies11
  1. #1Moonlite2018-05-11 21:15
  2. #292U 34062018-05-11 22:11

    I couldn't find anything on SIS about that fitting either, only a part number for the line itself.

  3. #3Moonlite2018-05-11 22:19

    I would order the line if it came with the fitting, but no one can tell me if it does. Not available in San Antonio. Would have to come from California or Illinois.

  4. #4Moonlite2018-05-11 22:20

    They even looked at injector pump breakdown. It don’t show there either.

  5. #5Moonlite2018-05-11 22:21

    Thanks for looking

  6. #6Bluox2018-05-11 23:16

    Should be on pump breakdown page Cat calls that a valve not a fitting. Bob

  7. #7Moonlite2018-05-11 23:59

    You are correct he called it air bleed valve. He could find it in the breakdowns but it didn’t have a reference number or part number.

  8. #8Bluox2018-05-12 00:13

    If you have a local injection shop check with them. Bob

  9. #9Cmark2018-05-12 00:55

    Part number is 1183818.

  10. #10thepumpguysc2018-05-12 03:49

    Its called an overflow valve.. made by the pump manuf.. You need the pump #'s & call the fuel shop.. they'll either have one or order it.. & YES.. spring & ball.. The pressure is set at 25psi.. or 1.5bar. Very good diagnostic skills.!!!

  11. #11Moonlite2018-05-13 12:37

    Thanks for the info