Hey guys Anyone done a comparison between the latest Texa and Cat ET on any heavy off-road gear like 944 loaders or 6060 or 6050 excavators. If you where to believe them it should operate on par with etc but I doubt it?
On the Cat machines and truck engines it does fairly well, Volvo part is pretty good . The John Deere farm tractors good, JD construction, I have had may issues, it doesn't seem to like anything so far, dozers , loaders,or excavators. Gm and Dodge trucks are covered pretty well. They are doing a lot of updates, but still a little troublesome. I've had mine 5 months so far, some days its great, some days I hate it.
The truck side of things is just on top of factory software. They will be improving the off road side at an accelerated pace now
Thanks Guys, From what I know it's never been tested on any Cat bigger than a C15, so they at Texa tell me, they could not confirm if it will work on all the C Acert range above the C15. Has anyone used on the 3500 series?. Is it any good for tranny and chassis ECMs, for example can you do hydraulic pump calibration on let's say a Cat 944, or a 988. Can it compete with ET on its functions on Cat or just another code reader and the usual cylinder stuff. They are trying to sell it as an off highway tool but maybe for smaller stuff, At the money they are askink I would need more assurances.
Sorry,that should be 994, 988
It's not about the specific model of engine, it's about the communication protocol. On-highway engines use either ATA or J1939. Caterpillar off highway products use the proprietary CDL (Cat Data Link) which, as far as I know, is only fully accessible with Cat ET. Before buying any "scanner" for use with off-road Cat equipment, you need to be certain that it can use the CDL. If anyone knows of one, I would be interested to hear.
I have used this one on a D8T, D6R, D6M, 120H, 140M , 962 skid steers, 953, it has worked fine with all of those controllers. I haven't had to reprogram any of those yet, I do have an Allison controller coming monday that has to be programmed, so we will see how that goes.
Yes Texa will communicate over CDL, one of the few that will BUT, if you have a 994, why are you looking into Texa? "aftermarket" ET with factory adapter is cheaper and does everything
I went with Texa mainly because it covers so many different makes, and Cat will not sell ET to you if they view you as a competitor.
Yes, it is very good for what it is. More referring to the original post, if you have machines of that caliber, you have to be doing a lot of wheeling and dealering?
Try b Try buying it from a dealer that is not in your area or state .Then they will not see you as a competitor.