Appreciate any help. Can not find any operators manual for my 2015 Cat 303c. It has switches on the right side with no identifying labels. Can someone help me on this? I have the hand controls figured out but don't know if it can go from sae to iso.
Post a machine Serial Number and I’m sure we can direct you to the appropriate manual for it.
Can't read it on the side plate but my invoice has #CAT0303CAPXT02160. But I think they miss typed as I only see "BXT" not "PXT" on the internet. Just trying to see what the switches are.
BXT is correct. Ops manuals attached.
And thanks to @heymccall you ended up with far more than that. Now you have all the required information to maintain the machine as well as run it.
Thanks so much!! To @heymccall and @Nige it is much appreciated. I didn't think it would be that hard to simply find basic controls. I was told this was a 2015, looks like it was run hard and put away wet. When changing out the seat and removing the plate I noticed the heavier base is cracked all the way thru. What did they do, air drop it to hard, lol.
Machine BXT02160 was built on 1st February 2007.
Thanks for the info. So much for honest representation, not lol. Looks like it averaged 200 hours a year (3200) if the hour meter is correct. Seems to run ok and the once I got the crud under the track lever/foot pedal that was prevent one track from going the same speed as the other in reverse. Again thanks for all the help. Just replaced the water pump in my JD2150 and am adding a MechMax 8' back hoe attachment to the 3 point. That was fun!! Main goal is spruce up our acre at the on grid then move it over to our off grid (Patented Mining claim). Will have to drive them both in 3 miles on a pretty steep and rocky unmaintained mining road as the trailer won't make it all the way. Hoping the Cat 303 will have enough poop for the uneven and rocky terrain. We've been off grid since 1980 and want to spruce things up a little (make some flat spots).
Should I weld that crack as it goes all the way over. Is it structural as it appears to be pretty thick steel?
I looked thru the service manual and could not find how to grease a noisy front idler bearing?
You can't. They are sealed & lubricated when assembled. If an idler is noisy then the bushing (#1A) is probably farked as a result of seal (#4) failure and all the oil falling out. The Pin #2 will probbly also be toast.
Thanks! Figured it out once I registered on Sis2.Cat.com. Found the Idler and bracket on conequip.com. Doesn't look like a big deal other than getting the track off. Time for the fork lift attachment on the tractor. Good video here " " other than he popped $1600 or so for the whole assembly. My part was $350 but shipping jacked it up to $510.