Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304.5 vibration

R.anger ยท 2022-08-19 23:48

I have an older Cat 304.5 mini-ex that has a serious vibration issue. I had a hydraulic cylinder start leaking, removed it and had the seals replaced. Reinstalled and finished the job, hauled it back to the yard. Sat for a few weeks, started it up, immediate super loud and strong vibration that shakes the whole cab. Checked hydraulic fluid level, was a bit low, topped it off. Everything functions fine, but this vibration can't be good. It was previously so quiet you could converse with someone in a normal voice standing next to the machine. Any ideas?

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2022-08-20 09:36

    Good day Could be your pump coupling, can you listen & trace the source with a stethoscope or long screwdriver. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2R.anger2022-08-28 18:14

    Thank you for your suggestion Uffex, I have not yet been able to try, but I will! Ron