Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304 CR?

KTE ยท 2013-04-20 16:41

Hi y'all Possibly trading off my TLB for a mini..it has sat more than it's been used Found an '03 304 cr with only 2,000 hrs, cab, heat, new tracks - Very nice machine! Does anyone have one of these? Pros and cons? BTW my TLB is an '01 416C with 4,000 hrs.. (I have a 966c and a 950b, a Case 570mxt, and a JD 3320 tractor loader with our trucking/excavating biz so if I need a front bucket at a job I can get one lol) Thanks!!!

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2013-04-20 17:23

    I would try and find a D series. They are considerably better than the older models in my opinion

  2. #2KTE2013-04-20 20:56

    This guy is willing to give me a deal I don't think I can pass up, this would also be my first mini. I have rented them before but never owned. You think this would be alright for a first?

  3. #3KTE2013-04-20 21:01

    By the way KSSS, Nice website! And my last name is Kauser..very similar lol

  4. #4Permafrost-ed2013-04-21 21:34

    I love my little 304CR. Good build quality, nice cab, accurate hydraulics and overall a great little machine. Mine is coming up on 3000hrs and no problems thus far. It just plain works. I think the key is good servicing, its easy to kill a mini if it has seen neglect and/or abuse. Also, mine is a late model (2008) and there were subtile improvements throughout the C series.

  5. #5KTE2013-04-21 21:41

    This one seems like it has been very well taken care of. Not a drip of oil leaking from anywhere, undercarriage is great, paint is good too - not faded too bad