Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Problem on my Kubota KX41 -2

Gormless Trever ยท 2013-04-21 04:48

Ran her low on fuel and the engine cut out ...... filled her up with fuel ..... now it wont start for love nor money this is the type of fuel injection unit on the excavator When I turn the ignition key I can hear the whir of the fuel pump .... BUT then I only get fuel pumped as far as the injection unit .... NO fuel comes out of the injection unit Any answers ......thanks

Replies7
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-04-21 04:58

    you need to crack the injectors as well as. You have to bleed all the air out of the system

  2. #2Gormless Trever2013-04-21 05:57

    Hi Robin ..... thanks for your reply Can you explain the proceedure in relation to the above photo ...... I'm not called "gormless" for nothin'

  3. #3robin yates uk2013-04-21 06:14

    much better you get someone there to explain everything to you in real.Good luck

  4. #4thepumpguysc2013-04-21 08:00

    They dont pump much fuel so its VERY important to get all the air out. MAKE SURE you have fuel to the injection pump with the key on..loosen the "banjo bolt" with the 2 rubber lines on it till you get fuel there.. tighten Next, follow the 3 steel lines up to the head..they will connect to the injectors..loosen all 3 lines..Crank the engine till fuel squirts out there...Tighten lines.. You should be good to go.. 1 more thing..MAKE SURE the shut off solenoid is working..its the round cylinder on the left side of the injection pump w/ the wires. I just remove the sol. for diagnosis reasons[2] 5mm allen screws..Just remember..if it starts and the SOLENOID IS REMOVED you cant shut it down w/the key..you have to reach into the "hole" and grab the control rack and pull it OR pinch the fuel off.. good luck TPG

  5. #5Gormless Trever2013-04-21 08:47

    Hi TPG ..... Thanks for the info ..... Its raining here in Cheshire, England ...... I have a go when it stops Some of your warm :usa sunshine would be nice

  6. #6jack3452013-04-21 11:35

    On most Kubota models there will be a RED light on panel that lights when fuel is low, if you fill when light comes on this problem never happens.If light is not working wiring on back of inst panel may be disconnected.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2013-04-21 15:17

    GT> That warm sunshine sure does feel nice..been working in the yard since around 10am..cutting tree limbs and planting a garden..Hope the instructions work out for you. Jack> the red lite is kinda like the 1 on the wifes new truck..WITH A "DINGER"...then I figured out she was colored blind AND DEAF>>LOL nowonder we get along great..she thinks I'm handsom AND smart, LOL