Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 304 CR NAD02115 Part ID

uglyspaceship · 2024-09-09 17:52

I am troubleshooting boom swing issues and will likely post about that soon. While looking at the hydraulics, I noticed that the green plastic thing on the right had popped off what it was attached to. Has some electrical contacts inside. Wire harness is still attached to it. Looks liked it was epoxied originally to the bottom piece. I tried to press it back on but of course it just pops back off when I start the machine. I've seen pictures of the same area on YouTube and on the internet of other people's excavators had at least one of these missing. Can anyone tell me the name of this part and what it does? I do have a printed service manual I bought off of ebay and I'm trying to learn where to find what the service manual says about this. Wish I would have purchased an electronic version but the price was much higher. Lesson learned though.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-09-10 16:04

    You mean this (circled below).? Is that a Part Number on it.? I think I see what looks like 132-77-something. There should be 2 digits after the "77". I reckon it could be 132-7748, making it one of the pressure switches for the travel.

  2. #2Nige2024-09-10 16:09

    An electronic (Pdf) version of an OEM service manual will be exactly the same document as the printed version, because the Pdf is what's used to produce the paper copy......... Beware the people selling manuals out of Eastern Europe for less than $100. RENR6660 is the Cat Publication reference for an OEM service manual for your Serial Number. New in paper it's priced at $590 or $420 in Pdf on a CD.

  3. #3uglyspaceship2024-09-10 19:07

    Thanks Nige. Seems though every section of mine has a different media number and I can’t find a cat publication reference. It says for NAD00001-Up with same engine model. For example, it says on the schematic section that it’s UENR2535.

  4. #4uglyspaceship2024-09-10 19:11

    Also - unfortunately my excavator is 8 hours away so I can’t double check the rest of the part number. I think you are right though. That part number seems like a travel alarm switch which is probably why I see broken ones and no one complains or talks about it.

  5. #5Nige2024-09-11 04:28

    That's the wrong schematic. It's for NAD machines from 2462-Up. RENR6626 covers machines up to 2461. I'll send you a copy.