Can any one find some info on this cat 303.5 excavator Equipment Serial # *CAT3035ETRKY04543* What engine? Where built?
Built end of September 2014. Engine is a Cat C1.8 No information on where built. I suspect N Carolina.
Thank you Nige Is it possible to find out what the Engine serial# should be for this machine And if the engine is EPA compliant
Build in Japan
Engine Serial Number is listed as 7ES01212. The Specalog mentions nothing about the engine being EPA compliant, although with only 31.6 BHP I would say the power output falls way below the 75 BHP limit for requiring an emissions rating.
Cat 303.5 excavator *CAT3035ETRKY04543
You mentioned that before. Did we miss anything.?
I am trying to find out if the engine In this equipment. Is Environment Canada compliant. EPA emissions compliant and find some documentation To import this machine to Canada Thanks
Find out what the power limit is for Canada before EPA compliance is required. In the US I’m pretty sure that it is 75 BHP, I would guess Canada is the same. The excavator you are looking at is less than half that power. On the face of it there would be no requirement to meet emissions standards. Click the link in my earlier post to see the specs. Also I suggest you contact your local Caterpillar dealer for guidance.
Where exactly is the machine located right now.? Please don't say China..........
The machine is in port of Vancouver Canada. I did contact CAT .with that Equipment # and engine serial# made in Japan 2014 Sold in Louisiana ? EPA. Says Flex. ?
i have ordered new LABELS AND DOCUMENTS from CAT Hope Environment Canada excepts them
As far as I can see HERE the Environment Canada emissions regulations in place for engines installed in off-road equipment mirror US EPA regulations. In the US EPA emission requirements do not apply to any off-road diesel engine producing less than 75 BHP (56Kw). From the link above the tables showing what emission standard any particular engine is required to meet only starts at 56Kw and goes upwards from there. The engine in this particular excavator is only rated at 23.5 Kw.
That part checks out. It was originally sold by the Cat dealer down there in late 2014. Might I ask where it was actually shipped from in order to arrive at Vancouver port.?
Shipped from china It actually has a mitsubishi s3Q 2 004043x Can you find any info on that ?
Without the benefit of seeing photos of the complete excavator it is my humble opinion that what you have there is a Chinese-built clone, not a genuine Cat machine. For machines of that size this is not an uncommon occurrence.
Here are a few pics
Do you have a photo of the Serial Number plate.?
Here are some pictures
Equipment serial plate
Cat suggested to look at secret location they provided .to look for stamp in swing section
Equipment label
Do you have a photo that is in focus.? EDIT: You just posted one, and it looks genuine and in the correct location. If it isn't genuine it is an extremely good copy. The question still remains regarding the engine. The original C1.8 blew up and was replaced by the Mitsubishi maybe.? Also why would a machine of that size make its way from the factory in Japan to the US where it was originally sold, then back across the Pacific to China, somehow get re-engined in the process, then back to Canada.? It makes no economic sense to me because the machine is relatively low value due to the fact it's so small.
Yes
After a bit of digging I can say that in my opinion the Serial Number plate on your machine is a counterfeit. There are a couple of reasons why: - 1. The font type and white colour are different to what a genuine OEM plate would look like. Also the characters are much closer together on a OEM plate, which has the text "etched" on to it by removing the black outer colour thus revealing the aluminium colour of the plate underneath. 2. A bar code scan app does not recognize the code on your plate, but it does on the example in the photo below. It also recognizes the PIN number in photos of other PIN plates for RKY-prefix machines that I found on the internet. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.