Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 304 drive sprocket

jbernielh · 2024-08-22 22:39

serial FPK02319 I should probably direct this question to Nige.... 304C CR 3K hours and about to install a new set of tracks thinking with this amount of time should I install new drive sprockets 158 4795? are OEM sprockets any better than aftermarket? there are 9 bolts on each sprocket and my Finning sales guy included new washers in the quote but not new bolts.. I would have thought new bolts would have been recommended as well.. I would assume they're just torqued (how much) and not torque to yield in which case they would be throw aways.. appreciate thoughts

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2024-08-23 13:06

    Travelling at the minute. It’ll be mid next before I can get at it, unless someone else can help. I don’t think those bolts are torque-turn and as such they would have infinite reusability provided they meet reuse criteria.

  2. #2jbernielh2024-08-23 19:55

    thx Nige my Finning tech rep came and looked at them and said "good to go" lots of life yet so no change the sprockets..