Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 50 ZTS Track Problem

shademaker57 ยท 2024-08-24 08:03

The left track barely rotating in forward and hydraulics very loaded. Operating fine in reverse.

Replies10
  1. #1mg23612024-08-25 06:40

    Welcome to HEF shademaker57 ! While I don't think this is your issue, I always drain the planetary gear box associated with the problem side to rule out planetary failure. I have seen planetaries move in one direction and not the other. If it is going over relief in one direction (I would confirm that with a pressure check), and your planetary is OK, then your issue may be in the motor itself.

  2. #2shademaker572024-08-25 08:12

    Thanks I will check it out today

  3. #3shademaker572024-08-27 03:29
  4. #4shademaker572024-08-27 04:36

    I switched the crossover valve assemblies and the the problem did not move. I did notice when both valve assembles were removed fluid leaking from left (problem side) and no fluid leaking from right (good side). Not sure where it was coming from, 3 passages open and hyd one line open. ???

  5. #5mg23612024-08-27 04:49

    Drain the planetary and let's see if any chunks come out. If you switch the main drive hoses at the motor, will it lock up when moving the travel lever forward?

  6. #6shademaker572024-08-27 06:17

    Planetary clean. Switched hoses still operates the same but control direction is reversed

  7. #7mg23612024-08-27 12:08
  8. #8shademaker572024-08-28 03:16

    I switched the complete assembly #1 the problem stayed the same.

  9. #9shademaker572024-08-28 03:18

    I will check today thanks again

  10. #10shademaker572024-08-29 06:43

    Found #4 broke Looking for replacement