Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304 Hydraulic pump

Angleblade11 · 2024-07-11 11:32

So I’ve been limping my machine along to finish some jobs. It’s finally to the point that after a few hours of working it I can’t get much done. Finally got it to a local CAT mechanic and he says it’s in need of a Hyd pump which is what I suspected. My question is do I go with a CAT pump? Anyone have any luck with aftermarket? Or maybe get it rebuilt? Serial number: FPK00911. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1ahart2024-07-12 08:10

    Availability doesn’t look good from Cat, doesn’t appear to have been used on more than 2 models. If it were me and I had the time to do so, I’d take it to a reputable hydraulic shop and have them go through it. Many times you can talk to them after disassembly and see if your complaint lines up with what they see in the pump components. They could confirm it or tell you there’s nothing wrong with the pump. If you reman, it could be an expensive way to find there’s another issue.

  2. #2Kobe Steel2024-07-14 07:49

    You will most likely have options for aftermarket and repower but their could potentially be others issues on your machine that are now present even after the pump has been replaced. Its doesn't hurt to get a second opinion on the pump condition once it has been stripped and evaluated providing the second opinion is from a reputable specialist. With most hydraulic parts CAT or any other , you always get back what you paid for it in the long run. At least with genuine parts from CAT you should get good product support and warranty to go with the repair.

  3. #3Angleblade112024-07-26 19:07

    Ok thank you