Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

A/C fan on a 50d/35d

TIredoldparts ยท 2024-07-13 08:48

anyone had to replace the a/c fan on their 50 or 35d? can it be done without removing the whole ac box out of the floor, which looks like you gotta discharge the ac. thats how the manual says to remove the box. looks like if I got all the clips off I could split the top of the box and not have to take it all out.

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612024-07-14 06:21

    You can get it out without pulling the whole thing.

  2. #2TIredoldparts2024-07-14 19:43

    was able to get the top off finally, after I got most of the mud cleaned out. now waiting on a fan motor.

  3. #3aardquark2024-07-17 22:41

    I just recently replaced the blower fan on a 35d. After I removed all the clips, still had to remove the fuse/relay panel to get at one screw on back that was holding that side together. Other issues: The new motor was slightly larger in diameter, such that the case halves would not close. I had to remove the rubber padding and improvise a new one. The area around the back of the case halves is very tight, somewhat inaccessible, and a little bit of dirt dropped down between them, so I could not get them close enough together to replace the back clip. I left it that way. In the future, I would recommend immaculately cleaning the area before removing clips and separating the halves to avoid this problem. The squirrel cage fans had to be repositioned along the shafts to avoid rubbing. But hey, now I've got a working fan. Now if only the AC worked...

  4. #4TIredoldparts2024-07-18 09:21

    I just got done with mine. I had the seat out, the fuse/relay panel, and had the cab tilted so I could reach and see it easier, along with removing the travel sticks. I was able to look down thru the return screen under the seat to see. mine was half full of dirt around the box, so I pressure washed it, then took it half apart, and then rinsed it out again with a hose for 30 min. the new fan motor had to have the blades moved out, and I trimmed all the ribs off the rubber around the motor. managed to get it all back in like stock. I used a 90 degree pick to get the clips back on.