My right track moves a little when parked on a hill with blade and bucket up and engine off. What causes this? Thanks for your help
I'm not positive on your machine but most I see have a spring load/ hydraulic release drive motor brake. If yours does as I am assuming, your brake plates are worn or has broken tension springs.
Thanks for the help, I suspected the same, was just wondering if it was a sign of final drive failure
Possibly failure of the brake for sure. In most motors the brakes are in a separate housing and not in common with the hydraulic motor part of the assembly. You would need to run a pressure test on the right side track motor and see where it is running compared to specs. Also look for oil leaks on the inside and outside of the sprockets. Oil leaks will signify a worn bearing or failing shaft seal with could be the first signs of an eminent failure. If it is just the brakes, they are rebuildable if you have the right tooling and want to tackle it. You may want to price the parts and put a value on your r&r time to see if rebuilding is valid. In a lot of cases, it is cheaper to replace the drive motor as a complete unit.